Module 1: Why PLCs - Next Steps
- Having read Module 1, use the resources in this module to go deeper into your group’s understanding of what makes a PLC and why it might be a good fit for your school or district.
- Text-based protocols are included which allow you to begin the process of understanding how protocols can help you to structure your time well. These particular protocols allow groups to share articles of common interest (relevant texts are included in Tool Kit) in a specific period of allotted time. They require a facilitator, who is familiar with the process, copies of the protocol and the text for each group member and a quiet, protected time to work. Please see Module 3 or the Tool Kit for a walk through of how to facilitate text-based discussions.
- Use the District and School Self-Assessment Tool (Module 2) for PLC to see where your district is on the spectrum of best practices to begin intensive PLCs.
- Use the “Futures” Protocol (Module 2) to create a vision for your school and district on what a PLC would successfully look like using your data from the Self-Assessment Tool.
- Identify what you understand about the process and what more you need to know.
>Return to Table of Contents